Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Locked Out!

Liam and I that is!!

We arrived home from a long day out this afternoon at about 3pm. I parked the car, unlocked our front door and (stupidly) turned the button on the door know to make it easier to lock the front door when we got inside. I also put the car keys inside.

I unbuckled Ewan and let him run inside. I was getting Liam out of the car when I heard the door slam!

Ewan had locked us out!!!

I ran over to the door and started talking to Ewan, trying to get him to turn the button, to unlock the door. This is the one door he doesn't know how to unlock - it goes straight on to the street so I don't encourage it!!

Ewan finally got tired of standing around at the front door and, knowing that he had free run of the house, decided to go upstairs and surf the web.

I was running around trying to figure out how to get in when I realised there was one door he could unlock.

The challenge now was getting him away from the computer!

I called out offering biscuits and telling him that Daddy was home. The highschool kids on their way home, walking past our house must have been wondering what this crazy woman was doing calling out to seemingly no one!

Finally I had a brainwave and called out, "Ewan! Nonna's here! Nonna's here Ewan!".

That did it! I heard his feet trotting along to see his beloved Nonna. I called him over telling him that he had to open the door so he could come out and see Nonna. He was so excited! Poor pumpkin was a bit dissappointed when he realised she wasn't here (and he could have kept checking our emails for a little bit longer!!).

So lesson leart and it has certainly been a great story to tell!

No comments: