Friday, April 21, 2006

Ewan and his Mumma

Ewan is 21 months now. It is amazing how fast the months have gone by and, although he's almost 2, he still seems like my little baby!

He is still breastfeeding and he co-sleeps with us in our bed. It is so nice snuggling up with him - especially as the weather is getting cooler. He loves sleeping in our bed and I think it would be a huge struggle to get him into his own bed - he is definately not ready to move out and besides that, we have no bed for him to go into!

Liam breastfed till he was 18 months old - he weaned himself when I was 18-20weeks pregnant with Ewan. Breastfeeding an almost 2 year old is very interesting indeed! Ewan is pretty demanding and when he wants "Mulk" he wants it NOW! He's started to pull up my shirt when he wants milk and gets quite frustrated when I'm busy or take my time giving it to him. And if I'm busy and tell him "Not right now", he get's very upset - it's like I've disowned him! He'll give me the most devestated look, and sometimes just throw himself on the floor and cry! He is gentle and caring though and has started doing up my bra, ever so carefully, once he's finished, and the way he nuzzels in next to me and is so contented after a feed is just gorgeous.

Ewan loves to be near me and loves to be held. It's lovely having so many cuddles with him and having him so close by - He does get pretty heavy though!!

Ewan has this way of making you feel special and loved. The way he looks at me with his cheeky little grin and the sparkle in his eyes is priceless. He is such a gorgeous little boy.

No comments: