Sunday, January 07, 2007

A New Year - 2007 is Here!

Happy New Year!

We started the new year off with colds and being over tired from our trip out to my parent's farm. Not a great way to start it but not much you can do about it. We have a tradition where we go for a picnic breakfast each New Year's Day - we usually go early and are the only ones in the park. I take photos of everyone and we play together. We tried to do it this year but with all of us a bit grumpy and sick it wasn't quite as fun as usual! Still we did have a nice time once we got over the tears and arguments! We went to a park near the river and had fruit salad and yogurt. Then spent the rest of the day at home relaxing and trying to get over our colds!

Ben went back to work on the 2nd and life returned to normal for us. Ben had 3 weeks off for Christmas. It was lovely and we all had a great time but were so busy with everything that we really needed to settle back into our usual routine. The boys and I have had a great first week and I'm hoping that my motivation, patience and energy will see me through the new year.

I have a few things I want to do this year and I'm on track so far but it is early days!

** To get into more of a routine with the boys and be more organised so that we have activities planned and materials at hand.

** To spend more time looking after myself and doing things for me - i.e. lose weight and excersise more!

** To go exploring as a family - bushwalking, camping, day trips to new towns etc

I am going to start doing a weekly post recording our activities for the week. I think it will be good to look back on and a nice record of our year. Might also help to keep me motivated! Fingers Crossed!!

No comments: