Sunday, May 28, 2006

A Weekend Without Daddy!

Ben went away for most of the weekend for a Bucks party.

I wasn't really looking forward to the weekend - after being home with the boys all week I like to have a bit of a break on the weekend!

It turned out great though and the boys and I had a great time (minus the screaming from being overtired and wanting a shower *just* after I'd run the bath!!!). We had to go to a fundraiser for the Birth Centre - The Baby Goods Sale - like a huge garage sale! I was at the front door collecting the entry fee for a few hours. Liam had a ball! There wasn't a lot to do there but there were heaps of toys for sale....... so I just kept sending him to look for good toys. He'd come back with things, we'd check them out and talk about the quality and whether we needed it, then he'd either take it back or put it in our stash. He was in toy heaven! And he absolutely loved it - he had such a good time. I'd have never of thought to take him to a Baby Goods Sale for entertainment but will keep it in mind next time!

Ewan wasn't too thrilled though and stayed close to me. He gets a bit scared in big crowds so I held him in the sling for most of it. Very snuggly and cuddly but I was definately feeling the strain by the end of it!

We got home at around 1pm, had lunch and rests, Liam played with all his new toys, cooked dinner, went to the park and all that. Despite being very tired, the boys perked up after dinner and ran around crazy for a bit. Then we all hopped into bed together. I asked Liam if he wanted to sleep in bed with Ewan and I. The look on Liam's face was priceless - he was so happy that I asked him! He loved it - and slept really well too! It was lovely actually to be able to cuddle up between the two boys for the night. We might have to do it again sometimes before they get too big!

We had pancakes for breakfast when we woke up. Liam was a real gentleman saying "Thank you for making pancakes mum. They are really good. Thanks mum." Awwww what a sweetie!

On Friday night I went to a fundraising night to watch a video of Steve Biddulp speaking about his book "Raising Boys". He said in it that sometimes we drift apart from our children, that they change so much and it can be hard for us to always be on the same wavelength. Liam and I have been through this a number of times and it is always so nice when we come back to each other again. We definately connected this weekend and it has been so precious.

No comments: