Friday, April 04, 2008

Who would have thought a trip to the ER would be so much fun....

Ewan and I were at the hospital last night and it was such a funny night.

He was in for asthma and although he had improved once we arrived there (always the way!), he still had to have a boost of ventolin and some prednisone. For anyone who doesn't know ventolin - it makes your heart rate go up and can make you hyper - Ewan had 3 doses over 30 mins and was bouncing off the walls by the end of that. We had to stay in for 2 hours afterwards for observation and Ewan was hilarious! He was giggling uncontrollably, squealing and jumping around on the bed. I was talking to him about different things to pass the time - we talked about what it would be like if the hospital was made of Lego - he said he would make it with all red Lego. Funniest though was when I asked him what we should do today. He replied that he wanted to "Just hang around....... naked". I asked him if there was anything else he wanted to do and he said "No, just hang around naked, with no clothes on" - just in case I didn't get it the first time! So funny - especially because he is not really into being naked so I don't know why he came up with that.

Being so giggly and happy he got lots of attention from the nurses trying to make him laugh more. They loved it and I think he quite enjoyed it too.

No comments: