Monday, July 09, 2007

Ewan's 3!






Wow! My baby is 3! My baby is not a baby at all!!

Ewan turned 3 on Friday, the 7th of July. He took it all in his stride and was Mr Cool the whole day. He's such a little character - I know he enjoyed it - but I'm pretty sure Liam showed more excitement than Ewan about it!! Liam made sure we were all up early, waking us with a call of "Ewan, it's your birthday!!!! Ewan you're 3 now!!" over and over again! Presents were unwrapped, breakfast had and we headed out for the day to a wildlife park down the coast.

The boys had a ball seeing all the native animals - koalas, emus, kangaroos, snakes were among the favourites. There was also a miniture steam train that we rode on to take us around the park which was a highlight for Ewan - he kept wanting to stay on when it was time to get off! We ended the day with birthday cake for dinner - a chocolate cake in the shape of a reindeer (well kind of.... I gave it my best shot!!) - Ewan's special request.

Ewan is such a sweet boy with so much charm and character. He never fails to make me smile and he warms my heart with his cuddles. Even when he's being cheeky, he's cute and it is so hard to be upset with him. He is definately going to be one of those people that everyone likes - he already is!! It's amazing how different he and Liam are and it's great watching them grow up together and and I'm looking forward to seeing Ewan develop into his own self - rather than copying everything Liam does!!

Happy Birthday gorgeous boy and may the years ahead be magical and full of adventures!

1 comment:

Eilleen said...

Happy birthday Ewan!

You're right Mary, his smile is just so contagious. What a wonderful day you guys had.